Widgets Simplify Your Control over Kasa Devices, Scenes, and Cameras
We already have access to a full range of smart home functions on the Kasa app, but why do we still need widgets? Mainly, widgets are a great time-saver. They bring a number of functions and status information to your home screen. This will save you the hassle of scouring an app for a specific feature. Once you add a function, you can simply select it the moment you open the Kasa app. With one tap, you can send commands to your Kasa devices, such as executing scenes, turning off lights, viewing your Kasa camera clips, and more.
The Kasa app provides three widgets: namely, KASA CAM WIDGET, KASA DEVICES, and KASA SCENES. These three gadgets cover some of the most frequently-used functions, including:
- KASA DEVICES: Display the status of your selected devices and simple commands like turning on/off.
- KASA SCENES: Enable/disable the selected scenes.
- KASA CAM WIDGET: Preview and check your video clips.
How to use Widgets to control your Kasa Devices and Kasa Scenes
Luckily, you don’t need to download widgets. They come along with your smart home app and can be activated with some simple steps. The whole process is divided into two procedures:
- Firstly, select the Kasa Devices, Kasa Scenes, and Kasa Cam that you want to set as a widget on the Kasa app
- Secondly, add the Kasa Widgets on your home screen.
Now let's begin with settings on the Kasa app.
1. After logging into your Kasa account, go to Widget Settings via "Me>Widgets".
2. Select and order the devices, scenes, and cameras for Widgets in the available list.
3. If you want to reorder your devices or scenes, tap and hold the "≡" next to them and drag them to the position you want.
Steps differ in adding the Kasa Widgets on your home screen in the iOS and Android systems.
Step 1. Swipe right over the Home screen or Lock screen of iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to see your widgets in the Today View.
Step 2. Scroll to the bottom and tap "Edit". If your device is iOS 14 system or above, slide the interface down to the bottom and tap "Customize".
Step 3. Add Kasa Devices, Kasa Scenes, and the Kasa Cam Widget. Drag them to your desired spot by tapping and holding the ‘≡’ next to the apps.
Step 1. Tap and hold an empty area on the home screen to enter home screen editing mode.
Step 2. Tap on "Widgets" and find the "Kasa" widget among all of your widgets.
Step 3. Tap and hold your preferred one and drag it to an empty area on the home screen.
Done! You can now enjoy the widget feature of the Kasa app on your home screen.
If you need a step-by-step configuration explanation, please refer to: